Is the company a resident in the Maldives?
The company is a resident of the Maldives for tax purposes, if the company;
- is incorporated in the Maldives; or
- has its head office in the Maldives; or
- has its management and control is in the Maldives.
The company must satisfy at least one of the above conditions to be a resident of the Maldives.
Timing of the residence of a company
A company is deemed to have commenced residence in the Maldives in the tax year in which the company becomes a resident of the Maldives on the earliest of:
- The day on which the company was incorporated; or
- The day on which the company established its head office in the Maldives; or
- The day on which the management and control of the company was first exercised in the Maldives.