Income types exempt from Income Tax includes;
- Dividends / Share of partnership profit
- Dividends distributed by resident companies to its resident shareholders are exempt.
- Profits distributed by resident partnership to its resident partners are exempt.
- Interest or profit derived in respect of a security issued by a company listed on the Maldives Stock Exchange.
- Interest paid on partner’s capital by a resident partnership to resident partners.
- Taxes imposed under any law
- Any tax collected by the business including Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Green Tax (GRT).